Health Regulation Compliance
Pine Cove works very closely with the Texas Department of State Health Services. As of June 17, 2009; all five of our Youth Camps have completed the annual unannounced site visits and remain in compliance with the required standards. It is our policy to meet, and in some cases exceed standards based upon different areas of our operations.
Pine Cove Health Procedures (3:07)
Dr. Lawrence, our Medical Director talks about how we prevent the spread of illness and care for campers when they get sick.
Under the supervision of our Medical Director, Dr. Scott Lawrence, Pine Cove has monitored the current Influenza status with the CDC and local health care providers. At this time, the current strain of influenza appears to be less virulent than seasonal influenza in years past. Based upon current camper day statistics for Pine Cove, current care levels for campers with Flu symptoms remain at a low level overall.
The CDC does advise that if your child has had the flu, they should be free from symptoms for at least 24 hours before including them in activities involving large numbers of people. Pine Cove asks that if your child does have the flu, or flu like symptoms, please do not bring them to camp. We will reschedule them into a later week when they are feeling better and free from flu symptoms.
Pine Cove will actively manage the health care of all campers and staff in the following manner.
- All Influenza protocols for campers presenting in the health clinics will be followed under our Physicians supervision. Campers with flu like symptoms will be screened appropriately and medically isolated in one of our clinic sleeping rooms and the parents will be contacted. A joint decision will be made regarding the next step for the camper being treated.
- Constant focus is being placed on hand washing with soap and water with an anti microbial product.
- Hand sanitizing is being enforced with anti microbial hand sanitizers at all meal times.
- Campers are encouraged to cover their coughs.
- Frequent cleaning schedules are being followed for disinfection of all common areas where many hands might touch the same knob, handle, lever, or utensil.
We desire great communication with our campers and families. Please contact Matt Edwards, Pine Cove Chief Operating Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or concerns regarding any health or safety issue.