We are still accepting applications for guy applicants for the Class of 2014. Apply today!
Anyone who wishes to apply to the Forge must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Placed belief in Jesus Christ as Savior
- Living a lifestyle that demonstrates a following of Jesus
- Possess some basic leadership traits/qualities
- Completed at least one year of college
- No older than 27
- Not married
- Be in good physical health
- Acquire an appropriate visa if not a resident of the United States
All students must be able & willing to:
- Move to Tyler, TX and live in the Forge houses for the duration of the program
- Work at least 6 weekends per semester for our conferences & retreat groups
- Be responsible for the full payment of the cost of the program
- Travel internationally (a valid U.S. Passport is required)
- Quit their job and not work while at the program (with the exception of Christmas)
- Read several books and write several papers
- Agree to and sign the Pine Cove statement of faith
The Application Process
- Turn in your application anytime after January 1st for the upcoming fall.
- We will contact you to let you know we have received your application
- Make sure your references get in as quickly as possible
- After all references come in, a brief phone or personal interview will be required
- Your application is reviewed by the selection committee
- You will receive a personal response to your application - either yes or no.
- If a student cannot defer their student loan payments (or other significant debt) we recommend that you not apply
- Dating relationships are permitted, however, it is much more difficult to do while in the Forge. Please contact us for specific recommendations in this regard.
- The program will be the most effective in the life of a student who already has some idea of what they would like to do vocationally. It is not a requirement, but highly recommended.
- We are looking for students who are teachable and willing to submit themselves to the leadership of the Forge and to the community of students. We also hope that our students will be able to replicate the investment they receive here into the lives of other people.
During College vs. After College
Many of our students have a hard time deciding whether they should take a year off of college and come in the middle of their education or wait until graduation. There are a number of factors involved in this decision. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we are happy to answer your questions and even put you in touch with an Alumnus who had a similar situation.