What is the Forge?
The Forge is an 8-month Christian leadership training program designed to develop followers and prepare leaders for a lifetime of good works. Designed specifically for young men and women between the ages of 19 and 26, the Forge is an environment for growth and life-change for the next generation of Christian leaders.
The Forge accomplishes its mission through five distinct environments for learning:
- Classes are designed to increase the students' competence in areas of Scripture, theology, management, identity, family, and life skills. Forge students spend an average of 19 hours a week in class.
- Teachers are our primary vehicle for exemplifying leadership. Forge students learn from over 100 different types of leaders during their 8-months here.
- Trips provide opportunities to do hands-on learning and application. Students take 6 trips during the program - including a trip to Israel.
- Practice comes for the students on the weekends as they have the chance to serve at any of our six Tyler camps. While there they have the opportunity to practice all they have learned during the week.
- Community is the catalyst for character and personality development. After living with one another for almost a year, Forge students learn a new concept of love, respect, and service.
The metaphor for this program is simple: A Forge is a furnace where metals are heated so as to be shaped according to the blacksmith's desire and design. The Forge program exists to be that same kind of environment for the growth and transformation of the emerging leaders of tomorrow.