Committed to Safety
Pine Cove is committed to the safety of all campers on our property, whether they are summer campers, conference attendees, or retreat groups. Our comprehensive safety plan covers many different areas of safety, such as security, abuse prevention, medical care, and bullying. Our summer parent surveys reflect this commitment to safety: all safety areas score within two tenths of a point of the best score possible.
- Our summer and residential staff are carefully screened, trained, and dedicated to a high level of safety in all activities.
- Every camp has automatic gates that close at night and require a code to enter when closed.
- Every cabin door can be locked from the inside.
- During the summer, Pine Cove employs a Registered Nurse to oversee all medical care.
- With proper advance notice, Pine Cove kitchens will provide alternative meals for those with food allergies.
- Pine Cove partners with outside organizations to check and evaluate our abuse prevention efforts. Abuse prevention, including bullying, is an important priority. See more information below about our abuse prevention plans.
Please click here to read our policy on screening and hiring the best and safest staff to supervise your camper.
Please click here to read our in-depth safety policy that ensures our ability to provide a safe and meaningful camp experience.
Praesidium Inc., the national leader in abuse risk management, evaluated Pine Cove's practices during 2011.
Read Pine Cove's Flu Policy
Our Campers Say:
A recent survey of thousands of parents, campers and staff revealed they were overwhelmingly satisfied that Pine Cove is a safe place to learn about God
"Pine Cove gives me a chance to take a breath and relax from a hard year at school and to be thankful for all our blessings and admire the earth’s beauty at such a safe and comforting camp."
"The reason I come to Pine Cove is to have the full camp experience in a safe and godly environment."
"My parents think it will benefit me to go to Pine Cove and they feel it is a safe place."