January often means the start of New Year’s resolutions, and many of us resolve to begin a new Bible reading plan or devotional. If you’re still on the hunt for resources to bolster your time in the Word, we put together a short list of studies, reading plans, and books that we are raving about!
- The Bible Recap — This resource comes in a book, a free reading plan, and a daily podcast.
- Handbook to Prayer by Ken Boa — A helpful resource for your time in prayer, this book explains how to pray Scripture back to God.
- The Read Scripture Plan by The Bible Project — Wanting to read the Bible in a year? This plan helps you do just that, plus it uses videos and free downloadable posters to reinforce what you are reading.
- The Songs of Jesus by Tim Keller — A great way to begin your daily time with the Lord, this book contains devotions from the Psalms.
- The Word of the Lord: Seeing Jesus in the Prophets by Nancy Guthrie — A ten-week deep-dive study into the lives of Elijah, Isaiah, Jonah, and other prophets.
- Galatians for You: For Reading, for Feeding, for Leading by Tim Keller — This book is a great way to study the short and impactful book of Galatians.
- The Bible App reading plans — With tons of options, these reading plans allow you to start reading any time of the year and are easily accessible on your phone.
- My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers — These short daily devotionals help inspire a closer look at many passages in Scripture.
- 5 Day Bible Reading Plan — This plan allows you to be flexible with your weekly Bible-reading schedule.
Want ideas on how to get more out of your time in the Word? Check out Dutch’s 3 P’s of Bible Study!